Learn more about We Dig Hampstead Hill on the Baltimore Heritage website or read the final project report from our project team. You can also learn more about Baltimore and the War of 1812 through the archives of our Baltimore 1814 blog and the Battle of Baltimore website.
War of 1812 Digital Exhibits
- Border Troubles and the War of 1812, The Newberry
- The War of 1812: A Bicentennial Exhibition, William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan
- War of 1812 in the Collections of the Lilly Library, Indiana University Bloomington
- Web Guide: A Guide to the War of 1812, Library of Congress
Niles Weekly Register:
- American Commercial and Daily Advertiser from 1814 or through Maryland State Archives
- Additional of Early Maryland Newspapers - see list from Maryland Historical Society
Battle of Baltimore and the Chesapeake Campaign
- War of 1812 in Maryland Timeline - NPS
- Emmons, Richard. Defence of Baltimore, and Death of General Ross. W. Emmons, 1831.
- Gleig, George Robert. A narrative of the campaigns of the British army, at Washington, Baltimore, and New Orleans, under Generals Ross, Pakenham & Lambert, in the years 1814 and 1815; with some account of the countries visited. Philadelphia, M. Carey & Sons, 1821.
- Hawkins, Archibald. The Life and Times of Hon. Elijah Stansbury, an "Old Defender" and ex-Mayor of Baltimore. Baltimore, Printed by J. Murphy & Co., 1874.
- Hickman, Nathaniel, ed. The citizen soldiers at North Point and Fort McHenry, September 12 & 13, 1814. Resolves of the citizens in town meeting, particulars relating to the battle, official correspondence and honorable discharge of the troops Baltimore, N. Hickman [J. Young, printer], .
- Marine, William. The British Invasion of Maryland, 1812-1815. Baltimore: Society of War of 1812 in Maryland, 1913.